How to Post in the Forums
The different forum areas
All messages concerning a program in supported software list (whatever it is: bug, feedback) must be posted in the following forum:
All messages regarding PlayOnLinux specifically:
All messages regarding PlayOnMac specifically:
All messages concerning unsupported apps must be posting in the "manual installation" section:
Writing a script and needing help?:
Questions about the website:
For everything else:
What information is needed in my post?
There are few rules to respect. To start, you have to be polite and write fluently (SMS language is forbidden; those messages are immediately deleted). Then, try to provide as much information as you can:
- Linux version: You OS distribution, architecture (32-bit or 64-bit Linux), and version.
- Version of POL: PlayOnLinux version (you can get it in the help menu: Help -> About PlayOnLinux).
- Full computer specs: CPU, RAM, graphics card type and installed drivers, etc..
- All error message you can find (preferably from the debug logs available in Tools -> PlayOnLinux/PlayOnMac debugger)
- Log of the installation script: if the error occurs when installing a POL script, you will find the log file there: ~./.PlayOnLinux/logs/name/name.log
For example, this kind of message won't be accepted:
Hi, I have a big problem with POL, when I try to run it, it doesn't work. Please help, it is urgent, I'm new in linux, I don't understand anything! Please help!
Topics like this, or without the required information will be locked.
How do I properly paste a log?
That is really easy; copy and paste it, and give it the console style (Styles -> Console)
How do I properly paste a script?
Exactly the same, but instead of Console, choose PlayOnLinux script style. Once posted the code will be coloured like that :
#!/bin/bash # Date : (2014-06-09 20:00) # Last revision : (2014-06-09 20:00) # Wine version used : 1.7.12 # Distribution used to test : Ubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit (KDE) # Author : Tutul & Rashintawak # License : GNU/GPL v3 ## Beta script ## [ "$PLAYONLINUX" = "" ] && exit 0 source "$PLAYONLINUX/lib/sources" TITLE="The mighty quest for epic loot" PREFIX="TheMightyQuest" EDITOR="Ubisoft" GAME_URL="https://www.themightyquest.com" AUTHOR="Tutul & Rashintawak" GAME_VMS="512" # Starting the script #POL_GetSetupImages "" "" "$TITLE" No image uploaded for now POL_SetupWindow_Init # POL_SetupWindow_SetID Not now # Starting debugging API POL_Debug_Init POL_SetupWindow_presentation "$TITLE" "$EDITOR" "$GAME_URL" "$AUTHOR" "$PREFIX"