How to Post in the Forums
The different forum areas
All messages concerning a program in supported software list (whatever it is: bug, feedback) must be posted in the following forum:
All messages regarding PlayOnLinux specifically:
All messages regarding PlayOnMac specifically:
All messages concerning unsupported apps must be posting in the "manual installation" section:
Writing a script and needing help?:
Questions about the website:
For everything else:
What NOT to do
This example of message will not be accepted:
Hi, I have a big problem with POL, when I try to run it, it doesn't work. Please help, it is urgent, I'm new in linux, I don't understand anything! Please help!
Topics like this, or without the required information will be locked.
What information is needed in my post?
There are few rules to respect. To start, you have to be polite and write fluently (SMS language is forbidden; those messages are immediately deleted). Then, try to provide as much information as you can:
- Linux version: You OS distribution, architecture (32-bit or 64-bit Linux), and version.
- Version of POL: PlayOnLinux version (you can get it in the help menu: Help -> About PlayOnLinux).
- Full computer specs: CPU, RAM, graphics card type and installed drivers, etc..
- All error message you can find (preferably from the debug logs available in Tools -> PlayOnLinux/PlayOnMac debugger)
- Log of the installation script: if the error occurs when installing a POL script, you will find the log file there: ~./.PlayOnLinux/logs/name/name.log
How do I properly paste a log?
That is really easy; copy and paste it, and give it the console style (Styles -> Console)
How do I properly paste a script?
Exactly the same, but instead of Console, choose PlayOnLinux script style. Once posted the code will be coloured like that :
#!/bin/bash # Date : (2014-06-09 20:00) # Last revision : (2014-06-09 20:00) # Wine version used : 1.7.12 # Distribution used to test : Ubuntu 14.04 - 64 bit (KDE) # Author : Tutul & Rashintawak # License : GNU/GPL v3 ## Beta script ## [ "$PLAYONLINUX" = "" ] && exit 0 source "$PLAYONLINUX/lib/sources" TITLE="The mighty quest for epic loot" PREFIX="TheMightyQuest" EDITOR="Ubisoft" GAME_URL="https://www.themightyquest.com" AUTHOR="Tutul & Rashintawak" GAME_VMS="512" # Starting the script #POL_GetSetupImages "" "" "$TITLE" No image uploaded for now POL_SetupWindow_Init # POL_SetupWindow_SetID Not now # Starting debugging API POL_Debug_Init POL_SetupWindow_presentation "$TITLE" "$EDITOR" "$GAME_URL" "$AUTHOR" "$PREFIX"